Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Dawat sehroza! is online!

Alhumdulillah!
All praise be to Allah.

Dawat sehroza is on line. It is pleasing,heartening and amazing to see Dawat on line. I don't know what to say. I am typing these lines with tears in my eyes. This is the long pending dream. This is the happiest day in my life.

Happy to see my favourite khabr-o-Nazr in the net. Jazakallah. I pray for all those who are behind this noble venture. May Allah bestow them with the best in both the worlds. Aameen.

I could not recall when I first came across Dawat. But it became a companion in no time.

In those days, when I was in Tirupattur, a bustling town with dusty streets, Dawat is the window through which I learnt everything. Without any visa or any formalities I visited various countries with the help of Dawat. I got acquainted the names of various luminaries, stalwarts of the Jamaat through Dawat.

How addicted had I become of this bundle of paper..!
I would be frequenting the residence of Janab Muhammad Shafee who was the sole agent of Dawat. I used to procure the copies of Dawat from him.

Shafee bhai is a very busy man. He is a beedi worker as well as an owner of a Beedi company. Besides he was the Nazim of Halqa-e-Karkunan. He had also started an elementary school catering to the needs of the very poor and downtrodden.

Above all he is also a Dayee. He is a man with wheels. He would always be found wandering here and there, with a bag full of magazines, books, pamphlets, stickers and what not!

He had this knack of reading the faces! The karkunan of the Jamaat of those days had this ability. On seeing me he would understand everything. His hands would invariably go into his bag and come out with a copy of Dawat. Sometimes he would blush and mumble something
which would be so incomprehensible that made me think! I would catch the key words and search them in Dawat.

Then God brought me to the city of unknown ie Chennai. That is another story which could be shared some other day.


T Azeez Luthfullah, Chennai

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is interesting to see your blog ,luthfullah bhai .
i do remember those old days in tpt.
Nayeem - in kuwait (gaiyas bro)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...